Don’t stay inside
- Head into the woods. You don’t have to go far to enjoy the great outdoors. You can find woodland walks even in big cities. Look for a wood near you using this map from the Woodland Trust website.
- Try pond dipping. Find a pond, stream, or rock pool and use a net to see what wildlife you can find under the water. We like these tips from the RSPB and its minibeasts indentification sheet can help your kids learn and have fun.
- Go camping. It’s a great way to get closer to nature and get away from city life for a few days. You can find a campsite here, or pitch your tent at the bottom of your garden if you don’t think camping is for you.
- Visit a maize maze. Maize is a tall cereal plant and your family can get lost inside a maze made of maize all around the country. Look for your nearest day out.
- Find an activity centre. Go to Conkers, or Go Ape and spend a day with your family climbing and following activity trails.
Want to work in the great outdoors?
You don’t have to work in an office for the rest of your life. Get qualified, apply for a new job and start enjoying a healthier lifestyle:
- Become a professional dog walker and exchange your desk for a park.
- Train as a landscape gardener, or study garden design and work towards a new career.
- Learn about conservation and how to protect the earth’s resources.