Agile Project Management Foundation & Practitioner (AgilePM) with Foundation and Practitioner Exams
This Course at a Glance
- Receive two project management qualifications
- Learn advanced project management skills
- Aimed at engineering, IT, product and service development industries
- APMG accredited course materials
- Tutors on hand for guidance
- Both exams included
- Study from home
About your Course
For a business to stay top of mind, it needs to constantly reimagine its offering so that it continues to meet the evolving needs of its customers. This requires the constant rollout of new products, services and convenient means of providing them to the end-user.
This conveyer belt of development can only work if the workforce behind the scenes pulls together to make it a reality. Depending on the size of the project at hand, this can require the input of many skill sets within the business. All of which needs overseeing by someone who can keep all the moving parts working towards the same goal.
This is why skilled Project Managers are so essential to business success. By overseeing the operation, you could be the person that helps new business ventures get off the ground without a hitch.
This Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner course will teach you how to do just that. It teaches you the Agile concepts and framework that enable the smooth and efficient running of projects, so you can stay on time and under budget.
It has a specific focus on the engineering, IT, product and development industries, but it is ideal for both novice and experienced project management professionals. Along with anyone with a desire to break into project management.
Over Foundation and Practitioner Level modules, any learner, no matter their current level of knowledge, will take away valuable lessons that will advance their career.
During the course, you will cover everything from the concepts, benefits and risks of Agile Project Management, to understanding the DSDM Atern lifecycle and products, and how to create a timeboxed plan that keeps your projects on track.
Stonebridge Associated Colleges is a leading UK distance learning provider, with hundreds of courses to help learners achieve their goals on their terms. This joint Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner online course is fully accredited and will provide you with the official AgilePM® Foundation and AgilePM® Practitioner certification.
Upon completion of this online course, you will have accrued the equivalent of Category C - 28 Professional Development Units (PDUs). These are essential for the maintenance of professional qualifications with the Project Management Institute (PMI) UK, qualifications which will evidence your commitment to advancing your skills in the project management industry.
A lot of thought has been put into the delivery of this course to keep your learning experience engaging and rewarding. As such, you will learn through an innovative mix of online learning materials. With all these being online, you can also work towards your qualification from the comfort of home. So you can progress to senior project and development roles around your current commitments.
Qualification: Agile Project Management Foundation & Practitioner (AgilePM) with Foundation and Practitioner Exams
By successfully completing this Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner course, you will receive an APMG accredited qualification that provides you with Category C - 28 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
By accruing PDUs, you will be able to maintain your professional qualifications with the Project Management Institute (PMI) UK. Taking the time to gain qualifications with the PMI will set you apart from other professionals in the project management industry.
This APMG course is provided in partnership with e-Careers. APMG International is one of the most reputable accreditation and examination institutes in the world. APMG enables organisations to deliver training courses and consultancy services for a wide variety of professional certification schemes.
Requirements for Entry
This course is angled towards learners with minimal or no experience in project management, as well as those who have experience but want to take the next step up in their careers.
As such, there are no prior qualifications required to study this course.
You will have access to the course for 6 months from the date of enrolment.
To sit the open book exam, learners must purchase separately the official AgilePM manual. The manual can be purchase for £50 + VAT.
*You will have access to the course for 6 months only. You can purchase course extensions.
On completion of this course you will be eligible to join the following Professional Associations(s):
On successful completion of your course your qualification is awarded. You will receive an attractively presented Diploma or Certificate issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges, this will also allow you to use the letters SAC. Dip. or SAC. Cert. after your name.
Stonebridge Associated Colleges is one of the leading (and biggest) distance education colleges in the U.K and internationally. We have many thousands of students studying with us at any one time from locations all over the world. Our diplomas will always count towards your future, and will improve your prospects of future employment or higher level study etc. by proving that you have studied to a certain level, that you have proficiency in your chosen subjects and that you are interested in your field of choice. Education is always an investment in your future and you will find this to be the case with our qualifications in your jurisdiction.
This course is broken down into a range of insightful modules:
- Introduction to Agile
- Agile Project Management - The Basics
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- Pre-Project and Foundation Phases and Products
- Evolutionary Development Deployment and Post-Project Phases
- Techniques and Practices
- Agile Control
- Agile Planning
- Exam Preparation
As the course covers both Foundation and Practitioner Level learning, you will begin the course by studying the Foundation Level principles of Agile in topics like:
- The concepts, benefits and risks of Agile development
- The philosophy, approach and principles of Agile project management
- Understanding the DSDM Atern lifecycle and products
- Recruiting or assembling appropriate project teams
- How to plan and run a facilitated workshop
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution to ensure that the correct development path is being followed
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements for deliverables
- Create a timeboxed plan that keeps the project on track
- Understanding the importance of negotiation and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure continued progress
- How to set up and manage an Agile project using the framework
After completing these Foundation topics, you will sit the Foundation Level exam. After successfully completing this you will progress onto the Practitioner Level part of the course.
These advanced topics include:
- Overseeing products and deliverables and properly assigning responsibility to management, business, and technical departments
- Structuring and empowering project teams for maximum success and efficiency
- Using MoSCoW prioritisation to ensure deliverables are completed in the correct order
- Advanced estimating, measurement, and configuration considerations for successful Agile management
- Defining functional and non-functional requirements for deliverables
- Implementing quality control to maintain standards
- Preparing for the future by considering maintainability and scalability during the planning
Once you have finished these modules, you will be ready to sit the Practitioner Level exam.
To assess the learning you have gained in the Foundation and Practitioner modules, you will sit two exams. These will be completed at the end of their related section, to test you on the topics covered in that module.
Agile Project Management Foundation Exam:
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
The Foundation exam must be completed successfully in order to move onto the next phase of the course. After completing the Practitioner modules, you will then sit the final exam.
Agile Project Management Practitioner Exam:
- Objective examination. 4 questions (20 points per question)
- 40/80 points required to pass the exam (50%)
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Open book (only the official AgilePM manual is allowed)