BCS Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour
This Course at a Glance
- Explore the behaviour and culture of an organisation
- Ideal for professionals looking to enhance their careers
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Complete the course 6 months
- Get 1 year’s BCS membership
- Course provided online
About Your Course
There are many elements that make up a business, and if you already work in business analysis or you are looking to progress into this role, then having an understanding of how an organisation behaves and operates is crucial.
By enrolling on our BCS Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour course, you will be able to gain a solid foundational knowledge of the various factors that shape a business and organisation.
This course is accredited by BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT, a global professional body that focuses on information technology science and practice. By passing this course, you will achieve an internationally recognised qualification, which is beneficial for career progression.
During your studies, you will cover numerous modules, delving into the principles related to organisational behaviour. This means that you will cover organisational design, culture, and behaviour. You will also gain a solid understanding of operating models and performances, both individual and group.
As well as that, your online course will explore the many principles of finance related to project level and a business as a whole. The course is suitable for individuals looking to learn about the behaviour of an organisation, and for professionals that specialise in business analysis, management, or business change.
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour is delivered online through Stonebridge Associated Colleges. This method of studying gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn at your own pace and in your own time, ideal for individuals who work full-time.
You can begin studying instantly when you enrol on the course, which should take 6 months to complete, fast-tracking you to your desired career in business analysis.
All course materials are online and as part of your course package, you will also receive 1 year’s BCS membership.
The modules you will cover include:
Organisational Principles (17.5%)
- Delivering value
- Organisation structuring
- Budgets and departmentalised businesses
- Describe types of jobs
- Describe line management, staff and functional relationships
- Explain formalisation of rules and procedures
- Explain centralisation v decentralisation
Operating models (15%)
- Explain organisation structures and their characteristics
- Recognise organisational boundaries
Organisational motivation, behaviour and culture (20%)
- Explain organisational motivation (OMG business motivation model)
- Describe the Organisational Behaviour Field Map
- Explain organisational effectiveness and the balanced scorecard
Group formation (10%)
- Explain groups and group dynamics
- Describe formal and informal groups
Principles of financial reporting (20%)
- Describe statement of financial position (balance sheet)
- Explain income and expenditure (income statement, profit-and-loss account)
- Describe cash flow
- Explain costing and pricing
Project finance (17.5%)
- Describe the rationale for and the techniques used for evaluating a financial case.
- Discounted Cash Flow /Net Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
Upon completion of the modules, you will have a confident understanding of the following:
- Organisational Principles – delivering value, structure, budgets, jobs, management and rules
- Operating models – structures and boundaries
- Organisational motivation, behaviour and culture
- Group formation, dynamics and networks
- Principles of financial reporting – balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, costing, and pricing
- Project finance – costs and benefits, payback, discounted cash flow
You will also have access to FREE BCS Business Analysis Webinars as part of your package. These sessions are ideal for individuals pursuing a Business Analyst role, university graduates, and working professionals.
In order to pass this course, you need to complete a written exam that tests the knowledge you have gained throughout your studies. Please note, this exam must be booked via Pearson VUE directly.
- Multiple-choice format
- 40 questions
- 60 minute duration
- Supervised exam
- NOT open book
- Pass mark – 26/40 (65%)