BCS Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering
This Course at a Glance
- Explore the concepts of requirements engineering
- Advance your career in business analysis
- Gain a globally recognised qualification
- Obtain your qualification in 6 months
- Exam included
- Training delivered online
About Your Course
Requirements engineering is frequently used in software engineering and systems engineering, and it is a process that involves defining, documenting, and maintaining the requirements involved in design engineering. If this is an area that you would like to explore, then consider enrolling on our online course.
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering is ideal for professionals who already work as a Business Analyst and want to expand their skillset. Or, if you are considering a change in your career, then this course is also suitable.
The training is delivered online, and you will delve into the various concepts, techniques, and approaches related to engineering. You will learn how to define categorising requirements and the best way to utilise best practices.
With this knowledge, you will be able to support all level of IT and business solutions, with a particular focus on requirement engineering. The course will touch on everything you need to know and will be beneficial if you work as a Business Analyst, or you want to progress into this role.
The qualification is accredited by the BCS – The Chartered Institute for IT, which is a global professional body that specialises in information technology science and practice. This qualification is recognised all over the world, and having this credible accreditation will put you in a strong position to advance your career.
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Requirements Engineering is delivered online, so you have the freedom to study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. Stonebridge Associated Colleges provides an array of online courses that are ideally suited for professionals working full-time.
As soon as you enrol, you will be given the course materials you need to complete the course online. It is made up of a series of modules, and you will have to complete an exam to obtain your accredited Certificate.
The course is part of the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis and as part of your package, you will be issued with 1 year’s BCS membership. Within 6 months you could have your qualification, fast tracking you to a career in business analysis.
The modules you will study include:
- Introduction to Requirements Engineering
- Hierarchy of Requirements
- Stakeholders in the Requirements Process
- Requirements Elicitation
- Use of Models in Requirements Engineering
- Requirements Documentation
- Requirements Analysis
- Requirements Validation
- Requirements Management
Upon completion of the modules, you will:
- Understand the Requirements Engineering framework, the issues and rationale in a business context, and the application of the framework
- Know the hierarchy of requirements
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the Requirements Engineering framework
- Know requirements elicitation
- Understand requirements modelling
- Be aware of requirements documentation
- Understand requirements analysis
- Have an understanding of requirements validation
- Be confident in all things requirements management
You will have access to FREE BCS Business Analysis Webinars as part of your package. These sessions are ideal for individuals pursuing a Business Analyst role, university graduates, and working professionals
After completing the modules, you will need to take an exam that centres on the topics studied during your course. Through this exam, you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of how to elicit, analyse, validate, manage, and document requirements. The exam details are as follows:
- Duration – 60 minutes
- Supervised – Yes (via Proctor)
- Open Book – No
- Pass Mark – 26/40 (65%)