On completion of this course you will be eligible to join the following Professional Associations(s):
Federation of Holistic Therapists
The Federation of Holistic Therapists (F.H.T) is the largest association in the UK. It carries global Recognition and represents over 20,000 professional therapists. The F.H.T sets industry standards thereby ensuring best practice for Therapists and their clients. No other UK association has influenced the acceptance of Complementary Therapies in the UK more than the F.H.T.
Benefits of Membership
As a fully qualified therapist holding one of our Nationally Recognised Awards that are accepted by the F.H.T, you will be eligible for the following membership benefits:
- As a Full Member of the F.H.T, you will be eligible for F.H.T Insurance policies that are related to the beauty, complementary and sports therapy sectors in the United Kingdom. Thus you can practice with peace of mind, knowing that comprehensive cover (a standard £3 million) is available for a variety of treatments at an affordable cost.
- Full Members are allowed to vote at General Meetings and to serve on the Governing Council of the F.H.T.
- Members are supplied with a multi-discipline therapy magazine, the 'International Therapist' that has the biggest circulation in the UK for qualified therapists. This is a non-commercial editorial offering unbiased and expert information on subjects from Aromatherapy to Yoga. Published bi-monthly in full colour.
- Members of the F.H.T can enjoy the benefit of major savings (upto 50%) from over 50 leading U.K. suppliers through the Membership discount scheme.
- Every Member of the F.H.T receives a catalogue full of products commissioned by the F.H.T for its Membership (e.g. association badged clothing, aromatherapy and reflexology charts, videos and couches etc.)
- Members can call a free support line for information regarding treatment procedures, marketing and general enquiries (access to F.H.T's legal helpline and counselling helpline is provided for a small annual premium).
- Access to the F.H.T member's site where you can communicate with other therapists throughout the World.
F.H.T Accredited Courses
Today's clients expect Therapists to be professional. When they visit you, they want to be advised and treated by a fully trained and qualified therapist. Full Membership of The Federation of Holistic Therapists shows them that you are a true Professional. For more information please visit the F.H.T's website at www.fht.org.uk.
Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists
Stonebridge is a Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Accredited Training College
Launched in 1994, The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists is the UK's biggest professional beauty trade body. The Guild has over 5,000 members who are all fully qualified beauty and holistic therapists. All Members of the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists work to a strict code of ethics.
This is great news for students who complete one of our courses that have been accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists as they are now able to secure full membership to the Guild starting from only £85 per annum.
Benefits of membership include:
- Insurance Benefits - Negligence claims against Beauty Salons and Nail Technicians are rising dramatically and so insurance is vital to safeguard the future of your business. The Guild's insurance cover is tailor made for Beauty Therapists and Salon Owners. Full membership of the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists automatically covers you for Treatment, Public and Product Liability cover (£2 million).
- Beautyguild.com - The Guild's web site provides members with a wealth of news and information. Including features on the benefits of professional salon treatments.
- Salon directory - Guild Salon Directory is a unique service available exclusively to Guild Members. It gives you the opportunity to advertise your salon or mobile business to a wide audience, and is a valuable new addition to our package of membership benefits. Enhanced entries on Guild Salon Directory allow you to write a short promotional description of your salon and the services you offer. You can link your entry to your own e-mail and website, and a directional map will mean clients are sure to be able to find you.
- Professional and Business Helpline - The Guild's dedicated team of staff are beauty and business professionals who can provide business advice and support. Members can call during office hours, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm for expert advice.
- Yellow Pages and Thomsons Directories Advertising - Most Salons advertise in Yellow Pages or with Thomson Directories but as a Guild Member, you can stand out from the rest by taking part in the Guild's corporate advertising scheme, which allows you to advertise at special rates under The Guild's banner.
- Guild Gazette - Guild Gazette is the official Journal of the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists. It is published bi-monthly and is the only magazine mailed exclusively to members. In each issue of Guild Gazette, you will receive the latest news on products, industry developments, legislation and training. There are treatment fact files, current issues and affairs and articles from industry experts.
- MGPBT (Member of the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists) - Students who complete one of our courses accredited by the Guild will also be able to use the letters MGPBT after their names.
- GPBT logo - The GPBT logo artwork is available upon request for you to use on your stationary. All new members receive a Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists membership certificate to display in their treatment area.
The following courses have been accredited for Guild Membership, insurance and CPD (Continuing Professional Development):
Course Name (No. of CPD points)
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology Diploma Course (140)
- Level 4 Aromatherapy Diploma Course (212) *
- Level 4 Holistic Beauty Therapist (96) *
- Level 3 Beauty Therapist Diploma Course (150) *
- Level 3 Indian Head Massage Diploma Course (136) *
- Level 3 Nail Technician Diploma Course (148) *
- Level 3 Professional Beauty Makeup Diploma Course (156) *
- Level 4 Reflexology Diploma Course (212)*
- Level 3 Colour Therapy Diploma Course (96)*
- Level 3 Crystal Healing Diploma Course (96) *
- Level 3 Manicure and Pedicure Diploma Course (136) *
* Indicates that practical training is a prerequisite for Full Guild Membership as this is an insurance requirement.
Today's beauty salon clients expect the best. When they visit your salon, they want to be advised and treated by fully trained and qualified therapists. Membership of The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists shows them that you are a true Beauty Professional. For more information please visit the Guild's website at www.beautyguild.com.
Society for Holistic Therapists and Coaches (SHTC)
Stonebridge Associated Colleges are an approved training provider for the SHTC
On completion of this course students can apply for membership to the Society for Holistic Therapists and Coaches (SHTC), a professional body who are dedicated to recognised standards of qualification and practice - students will also be able to use the initials 'SHTC' after their names.
The Society for Holistic Therapists and Coaches (SHTC) exists to provide the General Public and Health Professionals with a body of regulated professionals, all qualified to accredited levels, and who all obey the appropriate NOS National Occupational Standards.
All of our members have appropriate professional qualifications that are either directly accredited in their own right (e.g. NVQs and Degrees), or are from QCA / SQA approved Awarding bodies.
The SHTC is run independently from any College or Awarding Body, and therefore will accept all appropriately qualified therapists equally and fairly. We exist to maintain standards, and not engage in industry politics.
For more information please visit the SHTC website by clicking here.