Why choose Stonebridge Associated Colleges?
With over 650 accredited courses, and more than 50,000 students currently enrolled on distance learning courses, Stonebridge is one of the largest course suppliers in the UK.
Whether you want to develop your knowledge of a specific subject, or gain further qualifications to get your dream job, you’ll find a course that fits your individual needs and interests. We offer several types of qualification:
- Accredited Diplomas, Awards and Certificates that run from level 1 to level 5
- Official RQF Diplomas from level 1 through to level 4
- NVQs at level 3
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
Accreditation by a nationally recognised body guarantees that your course will be of the highest standard and that your qualification will be respected, relevant and recognised.
Why learn with us?
Distance learning at Stonebridge Associated Colleges is all about the student. We have designed our courses especially with you and your diverse needs in mind. Below are some of the reasons to choose distance learning with us:
- Whilst we encourage you to study at a pace that suits you, we do need to make you aware that courses can expire and it is your responsibility to check that you are aware of any necessary completion date. Some courses require learners to demonstrate all necessary theory and competency based tasks within a 2 year period so that their evidence is 'current'.
- Access to HE: Learners who are studying one of our Access to HE courses will have course deadlines.
- You have the freedom to study to your own schedule, which is ideal if you have work or family commitments that demand your time
- It’s accessible as you don’t need any prior qualifications to enrol on a course with us
- There is no age restriction to study with us, so you can achieve your dreams whether you’re 35 or 65.
- There’s a support system at your fingertips: your online tutor is only an email or a phone call away, and you’ll be part of an online student community
- You’re free to learn in whatever environment suits you, whether that’s at home, outside or in your local coffee shop
- It’s affordable thanks to our interest-free payment plan, which means that you don’t have to pay anything up front
- You can learn on the move with our accessible online learning portal.
For every course at Stonebridge, students access their course documentation and assessments via PEARL (personalised e-Assisted Responsive Learning). This online learning platform has been specifically designed to give learners engaging, customised and responsive learning content.
What makes our online learning platform special?
- Easy to access and use as all learning material and assessment feedback is in one place
- Students have the power to customise their learning experience by adding free training modules to enhance skills and improve employability
- Learners can work collaboratively via the ‘social mode’, which allows students to connect with others on their course and discuss their findings
- 24/7 access, so you can study whenever suits you
- Allows students to communicate with tutors quickly and easily
- Tracks students’ learning journeys to increase learner motivation and encourage further participation
- Option to create a professional profile, which is shared with prospective employers, for an easy transition from education to the workplace.
You can find out more about us one the ‘About Us’ page, or you can browse through all our courses here.