It’s National Beautician’s Day on Sunday. We’re thinking about what makes working in the beauty industry a great career path. If you love doing your make-up, buying the latest cosmetic products and watching tutorial videos, you could be missing out on a fantastic new career opportunity.
Why become a make-up artist?
- It’s a flexible career. You can set up your own business, or work anywhere in the country.
- You could start small and end up working in theatre, film, TV, fashion, photography and many more industries.
- Working as a make-up artist is more than just applying make-up. It can involve working with special effects, taking photos, researching styles and working with a design team.
- Express your creativity, meet new people and travel to new places.
- You’ll never stop learning, or improving your skills.
- You don’t need to be an expert, or have your own YouTube channel, to be a great make-up artist. All you need is the right training.
Train to work as a make-up artist
Get the training you need to start a career as a make-up artist. There are new products and make-up techniques coming out all the time. You’ll find lots to learn about the skin, how to properly apply make-up and how to set up your own business. Study with Stonebridge and you’ll discover more about the effects of lighting, how to give a make-up consultation, choosing the right brush, cleansing routines and health and safety awareness. Our detailed courses will give you the confidence to advise your clients and experiment with new products.
Stonebridge is a distance learning college, so you can get qualified from home, without giving up your job. There won’t be any pressure to finish your assignments, you’ll be supported by a tutor all the way and you won’t have to sacrifice your family life to work towards the career you want.