Part-Time Trinity CertTESOL (Level 5) – RQF
This Course At A Glance
Get qualified to teach English all over the world!
Want to be able to teach English as a foreign language in both English-speaking and non-English speaking countries? Want to make sure you can teach in your home country, in locations abroad, and online? With a Trinity CertTESOL qualification you can!
It will also help you to stand out from the crowd and access the more highly paid teaching roles in competitive locations like Dubai and the UAE, so it’s a great investment if you’re looking for a long-term career in teaching.
- Live, tutor-run lessons – so you can ask questions in real-time and meet other students
- Lesson planning assistance
- Over 6 hours of practical teaching experience with non-native English speakers
- Constant support from highly knowledgeable and experienced tutors
- The opportunity to learn as part of a cohort, with up to 14 other budding TESOL teachers
- Post-lecture feedback and advice
- Extra support available for when you begin your teaching career
- Part-time timetabled course for 15 weeks
- CELTA-equivalent qualification
- You could earn up to £35,000 per year - source: Prospects.ac.uk
- If you set up your own business your earning potential could be unlimited.
Work after your Trinity CertTESOL Course
Did you know that English is one of the most used languages worldwide. That’s why most people who take the Trinity CertTESOL Course find employment withing 4 weeks of finishing their course. The Department of Education has also reported that TESOL teachers are in high demand.
About your Diploma
You will learn how to teach effectively both online and face-to-face, by studying different language teaching approaches.
This course is perfect for those that want to be able to teach English as a foreign language all over the world, in both English speaking and non-English speaking countries, including:
- University graduates or those that are taking a gap year
- People pursuing a career in teaching
- People looking for a career change
- People wanting to develop their teaching skills and knowledge
- People aiming to relocate abroad and continue earning
- People wanting to earn from their own home
Some of our testimonials
“I am thoroughly enjoying my course so far, and my tutor has been really helpful and has given me some great advice and understanding on how to help me pass my modules and questions, I would highly recommend.” Olivia
“Was struggling to decide the best course options for the course I wanted to take, spoke to someone via chat and then a call and they were very helpful! I am now enrolled in the course I want to do and have made a start." Kerri
“I am really loving my course so far and I am over the moon on passing my first assignment. Cannot believe how quickly my tutor checked my work and I'm so grateful for all the comments that she left. I'm not the most confident person but she has really boosted my confident and that’s something money can't buy. Thanks again.” Emma
Here’s what you’ll be doing in a typical CertTESOL day:
- Teaching students of all abilities
- One-to-one lessons
- Planning lessons
- Marketing yourself and your skills
- Undertaking training sessions
- Aged 18 years or above
- Hold a Level 3 qualification (A Level equivalent)
- English ability of CEFR C1 (or similar), if a non-native speaker
- To pass an application and interview stage to be able to enrol on the course
The price of your course does not include the Trinity College London moderation fee of £172 - this fee may be subject to change by Trinity
In the Trinity CertTESOL Level 5 Course you’ll cover:
- Language-teaching methodologies
- How to teach English online and face-to-face
- Lesson planning
- Designing materials
- Teaching practice
- Specialist teaching including young leaners, business English and academic English
- Language awareness including English grammar, vocabulary and phonology
To view our course timetable simply click here.
Course dates 2024
- 23rd April 2024 to Sunday 4th August 2024
- 21st May 2024 to Sunday 1st September 2024
- 6th August 2024 to Sunday 17th November 2024
- 3rd September 2024 to Sunday 15th December 2024
Feedback will be continual over the 15-week part-time course, but you will also have an external assessor at the end of the course, during one of your practical teaching lessons.
Arranging your Practical Teaching Sessions
We make this nice and easy for you as we organise all your teaching practice for you. Every afternoon you will be able to practice your skills on students and you’ll receive feedback from your tutor.
Accessing your course
Your course will be accessible via our online platform at any time of the day or night, and you will be able to work on it on your phone, laptop, PC or tablet, whichever is more convenient for you!
You will also have scheduled live lessons with a tutor from 6pm to 9pm Monday to Friday and 9.30am to 5.45pm on Saturdays (UK time).
After passing your application and interview stage, you’ll be sent your login details via email and you can get started straightaway! We also have our customer and academic support teams available, should you need any help accessing your course.
Accessing your course
Instead of sticking to specified studying hours, we’ve made our course accessible via our online portal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from your phone, laptop, PC or tablet.
There will also be part-time timetable lessons from 6pm to 9pm Tuesday and Thursday and 9.30am to 5.45pm every other Saturday.
4-step application process
Ready to enrol on the course but want to know the application process in full? Check out our 4-step guide below:
- Fill in an Online Application Form – we’ll need information about your employment and education background and why you’re interested in the course. You’ll also need to include proof of your qualifications and ID, according to Trinity entry conditions*.
- Attend an interview via Zoom with our Course Director – your interview will consist of a ‘live’ writing task, evaluation of your spoken English, testing your capacity to work under pressure, and a chat about your opinions and approaches to teaching and education in general.
- Secure your place – once your interview stage is passed, you have a place on the course!
- Get your start date – so you can plan ahead and get prepared to study!
* Entry conditions: Trinity state that need to be 'qualifications for entry to higher education in the UK or in the trainees’ home country', e.g. Level 3 qualifications equivalent to 2 or more A levels.
Once you enrol, you will be sent your log in details through email. Our support team and academics are on hand to help if you need any assistance along the way.
You will be provided with support throughout your learning journey. Specialist tutors will be assigned to you, guiding you through your Teaching Practice. They’ll mark your assignments and answer your questions.
Taught English for over 33 years in Japan, London, Hong Kong, Russia, Italy and Scotland.
Taught English for over 10 years in London, Italy, Portugal and Cyprus.